Effective June 14, 2018.
C collected by ETI
Within the framework of its site, ETI may in particular collect and process the following user data:
- Registration to the electronic newsletter: title, surname, first name, status, email address.
Within the framework of the application platform, ETI may collect and process the following user data:
- Identity and contact details: title, surname, first names, address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), e-mail addresses, date of birth and place of birth, nationality, photocopy of a national identity card;
- Professional life: CV, letter of motivation, copies of transcripts and diplomas obtained, letter of recommendation;
- Personal data of an academic or professional referent of the candidate: surname, first name, title, email address, institution.
- Personal data of a contact person in case of emergency of the candidate: surname, first name, title, email address, telephone.
The mandatory nature of the information that the user must provide on the site is indicated at the time of data collection and on the corresponding forms by an asterisk and/or by a list of mandatory fields. Any lack of response or any response deemed abnormal by ETI is likely to lead to the refusal of ETI to take into account the user’s request. ETI may offer the user to provide certain personal data for canvassing/marketing communication purposes (sending newsletters, invitations to events, etc.). The user has the possibility, at any time, to unsubscribe, at least by email, or through a dedicated interface.
Purposes of processing
As data controller, ETI collects users’ personal data in a lawful and fair manner and in respect of their rights. The main purpose of collecting personal data is to provide users with a safe, optimal, efficient and personalised experience. The information collected by ETI, including personal data, is used for the following purposes:
- Manage the submission of applications to the ETI project
- Send newsletters and other prospecting messages (with the user’s consent) ;
- Communicate with users and answer their questions.
Data collected by means of cookies
Cookies may be used on the site. Cookies are small files that are stored on the user’s computer or on any electronic communications device used by the user when browsing the site. These files enable the exchange of status information between the site and the user’s browser. ETI thus uses the following cookies:
- Browsing cookies: these cookies are essential to the proper functioning of the site and its functionalities. These cookies do not collect information intended to be used for commercial prospecting or advertising targeting.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information on how the site is used by all users. In particular, performance cookies help to identify particularly popular sections of the site and to count the number of visits. These elements make it possible to adapt the contents of the site according to the needs of users and thus to improve the offer and ergonomics of the services offered on the site. The website uses Google Analytics to evaluate the data for statistical purposes.
Data retention period
The data collected will be kept in accordance with the legislation in force and the applicable limitation periods. In accordance with the Data Protection Act, the user has the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning him/her. He also has the possibility to oppose the processing of his personal data for legitimate reasons. Moreover, he can send specific instructions to ETI concerning the use of his data after his death. To exercise these rights, the user can send a request to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. The user also has the right to oppose, free of charge, the use of his personal data by ETI for canvassing purposes.
Users’ rights to their personal data
To exercise these rights, the user may send a request to the following address: email@example.com
ETI may ask the user to provide proof of identity before answering the request.
Accuracy of personal data
The user undertakes to ensure that the personal data concerning him/her communicated on the site are up to date, accurate, complete and unambiguous.
Communication of users’ personal data
ETI undertakes to keep all personal data collected via the site and to share them only under certain circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations.
In particular, ETI may give access to users’ personal data to third party service providers, acting as subcontractors, to perform services related to the site and in particular hosting, storage, analysis, data processing, database management or computer maintenance services. These service providers act only on ETI’s instructions and will only have access to users’ personal data in order to perform these services and will be bound by the same obligations of security and confidentiality as ETI.
In addition, the user’s personal data may be shared with third parties for the following reasons :
- In response to judicial or administrative proceedings of any kind or to law enforcement measures requested by the competent authorities ;
Transfer of users’ personal data
Personal data collected by ETI on the site are not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Security and protection of users’ personal data
The security of personal data is one of ETI’s priorities. ETI undertakes to take all reasonable administrative and technical measures to prevent any disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of personal data provided by a user (access control, securing passwords, access according to specific authorisations, etc.).